Friday, June 26, 2009

Life is so PRECIOUS!!!


I can't believe it has been just about 3 years since Josh passed away, and what a life changing event this has been. I thought I would share some history about him and I.
Josh and I grew up in foster care, we both knew life was going to be a struggle, but we were strong as a team to get through our childhood TOGETHER!! I remember calling him almost every night making sure he was ok, and he would do the same for me.. Our Holidays were not like every other childs, we felt out of place and at times unwanted. But as a team we made each other feel like we still had a family. Growing up for both of us was quick, we realized quickly how precious life truely is..

Josh grew up and became a very amazing man. He was the type of person who would help anyone. Several Thanksgivings ago; Josh, Amanda and Breann were invited to my house for dinner. I told Josh to be at my house by 1 pm, needless to say he didnt show up till almost 7pm. I was so upset with him, I remember calling him over and over asking were he was and he would keep telling me he was on his way. Once he arrived he then proceeded to tell me why he was soooo late. He was helping a single mom tow her car home and helped her get it running again. Didnt charge her a penny for his help. Boy, did i feel bad for being so upset with him. Josh would help anyone he knew had a need.. He also had the gift and talking to anyone and making friends with them instantly.
I remember him telling me he was going to be a dad, oh how proud he was. I was very fortunate to be in the deliverly room when his daughter was born... He was the proudest man alive, he could now build a family and give his daughter what he didnt have, A MOM and A DAD.. Josh was one of the best dads ever, he turned his little girl into a cowgirl from the day she was born... He took her everywhere with him, and she loved him so much. Although he only spent a short two and a half years with her, I am sure she loved those two and a half years with him..
The call was horrible, it was a phone call I relive daily, I only wish things would have happened differently. Josh, was a very happy man... No one would have seen this coming, he was always happy.. I knew things were rocky for him, but he made the best of his situation and pressed forward. He was my strength and my hero, he was such an amazing man. He taught me everything I know; fix my car, manage money, be positive and live life to the fullest!! Although its been almost three years, I still catch myself dialing his phone number and realize he wont be picking up on the other side.. Its been such a struggle to get use to being the only child left. I miss him helping me with my dad, its hard to do this alone. I have been very lucky though, I have a very amazing best friend who has been there from day one. Without her I would have given up. She has been a sister to me and I will forever owe her. Even her Mom and Dad have taken me under their wings and treated me like family, this means so much to me..

Josh, I miss you so much!!! I hope you know how much you are missed and loved...

This picture was taken by one of my great friends! She took a photo of Josh and cropped it in a picture she took of me and our dad.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy. It's cool to learn more about your brother, I only remember meeting him once. Your friend did a great job with that pic, I would never have guessed that Josh was cropped in. I'm so greatful to have the knowledge that we do and know that our loved ones who pass on get to live in Paradise. As great as this life is, its nothing compaired to what Josh has now. He's still cheering you on everyday:)
    P.S. I think Melissa is still planning a BBQ for the 4th at their new house, I'll find out where it is a get you the details.

    ReplyDelete